Monday, January 23, 2012

The Sad Little Torro

During the 2012 winter blizzard (4-6ins) here in Manistee I decided to give our snowblower a run for its money. Keep in mind Red found it for a grand total of 25 dollars so it didn't have to do much to earn it's keep.

It just wasn't starting so I stopped at AutoValue and picked up a spark plug and a few things and went to work. As I was draining the gas I discovered the gas shut off valve to be clogged and a cut in the fuel line. One more trip to AutoValue and I should be in business!

Little Red Torro
I ran the new line and hooked up the gas tank for a test fire. After the second pull I got it to sputter nicely but the third pull is what did it in. The fateful third pull was sadly the last pull. I heard a noise that sounded a lot like a nut spinning off and then the clank of metal on metal. I knew we had lost it, I tugged on the pull cord just slightly and it was completely locked up. I guess we will just have to wait for nicer weather to do the autopsy. I resurrected a 10 dollar riding lawn mower with a locked engine, so how hard could a 25 dollar snowblower be?

Dear Winter,

    Please be kind and only snow two inches at a time.

Sincerely,
       AV

No comments:

Post a Comment