Thursday, July 7, 2011

O_o

I got a book from the library the other day. It seemed to have coffee spilled on the corner. No big deal, just some wrinkling and discolored pages.

I had the book sitting on the end table from earlier this afternoon when I brought it in from the car. A little while ago, Daniel became strangely interested in the coffee table. And, since Daniel is the "pee-er", it makes me veeeery nervous when he gets interested in stuff.

I moved him a couple of times, but he kept coming back. He actually hissed and bit AV when he tried to put him on the floor. Finally, I figured out that there was something up with the books on the table. So I moved the top book. He was still acting weird. Something occured to me... I opened the book and smelled it.

It wasn't coffee that was "spilled" on the book. It was cat pee.

Somebody's cat* had taken a leak on the corner of the book. Daniel smelled the unfamiliar pee and started wigging out.

So, like the good cat-mother I am, I took all the library books (pee-book included) and put them in my car. Then I Lysol-ed the end table and the bookshelf where I had put the book before taking it outside.

The LAST thing I need is the cat to pee all over a stack of library books, EVEN THOUGH some OTHER cat had ALREADY done it.

Like I had to tell the kindergarteners, "even if somebody else did it to you first, you're still going to get in trouble if you do it back to them".

Please, please don't pee on my books....

Cheers,
Red

*OMG, IT'S NOT US THIS TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment