Friday, April 8, 2011

Dress-up Doll: Part III

Mom and Dad came up on Monday and we went to a bridal store south of here. They didn't carry my dress in the store but they said that it could be ordered from the company. For nearly FOUR HUNDRED dollars LESS than where I found it back home. YAYY!

Since they didn't carry the exact dress, I tried on a couple of other dresses to make sure the style/cut of the skirt would be what I expected. And, as an added bonus, the dresses I tried on were ACTUALLY THE CORRECT SIZE! Crazy talk!! Those suckers look significantly better when you're not being clipped in like some sort of woodworking project.

After going to this store, I figured out why people say that they enjoy looking at formal dresses! When the staff is helpful and there are affordable dresses in the correct size, it's actually pretty awesome.

After all that, I ordered my dress! It should come in June or July. So exciting!!

Cheers!
Red

PS Funny story! Monday morning I called the store and asked if they could tell me the price of the dress since it would have to be ordered. The owner called me back a bit later and told me the price. I was a little surprised since most places aren't willing to give out that information, but hey, awesome for me.

Apparently while I was setting up the order with someone else, Dad overheard a discussion the owner was having. She was rather angry because someone "with a 513 area code called this morning and asked the price of a gown. I didn't want to tell her because she's obviously just shopping around". Interesting... being that I called from a 513 area code in the morning and asked the price of a gown and then I was standing at the counter ordering it. EEeentereesting....

1 comment: