Saturday, April 23, 2011

Take it to the checkered flag!

The Purdue Grand Prix is one of the few things in college I couldn't live without. My first year I was on the crew of the Phi Kappa Theta team and scorer for them my second year in college.

Phi Kappa Theta Team
Phi Kappa Theta was the best team, with absolutely no real money to spend. We did pretty amazing things with very old equipment, we could have won my second year if the team who ended up winning didn't wreck us while we were sitting in third.

After that race I met Red for the very first time. I invited her roommate to my fraternities post race party and Red came along. That is a different story though.

I joined the SWE Race Team and was the Crew Chief my senior year and Director my super senior year. This past weekend Red and I went as alumni to the race to watch our old team. SWE did not qualify for the main event in the time trials but that was no problem for Marisa, taking 1st place in her heat race putting her in the 30th starting position.
2011 SWE Race Team
If you finish the race without getting into a wreck you end up doing very well. In true fighting fashion, SWE raced to a 5th place finish kicking 25 karts to the curb! Congratulations SWE Race Team!

Here is the video we made for the 2009/2010 Race Team


2010 Video

Fight for every spot! (2010 race)

No comments:

Post a Comment