Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hiking Adorably in the National Park

We went hiking in Hoffmaster State Park today. And while our discovery of the fantastically large dead fish on the beach was pretty amazing, we discovered something else way, way more awesome.

As we headed back out of the woods after our treck along the beach, we came up to a man taking photos of something on the side of the path. We pulled up short when I realized what exactly this guy was taking photos of.

TWO BABY RACCOONS. OMG BABY RACCOONS. SO ADORABLE.

They were exploring the forest together and chittering at each other. We watched them wander about for about 15 minutes and I was able to get a few photos (and some super cute videos). Too bad I just had a point and shoot camera instead of an SLR or something because my photos were terribly grainy...

"Come on brother! Follow me!"
AV thought one of them was larger than the other, but I couldn't tell. One of them was obviously the leader though, he seemed to be showing the other around and waiting for him if he fell behind.

SO VERY ADORABLE!!

They seemed to want to cross from the left side of the hiking path to the right. I think we were making them nervous when we were standing and watching them, but they eventually hopped up to the path and found their way across. Before they crossed the path they turned and looked at us. Maybe checking where we were before they headed out?

I also took a video of them wandering up a log and checking out the roots. Watch and be happy!!

Cheers,
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment