Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Hunting WABBITS!

The other day I was minding my own business, picking apart a cooked chicken for my dinner when I heard a very loud boy's voice through my open window. There are a ton of kids that live around us so I didn't really think too much and continued to pick on my chicken. Then the voice came again.

"Taylor! There's a rabbit over here! Come over here there's a bunny!" Of course, like the ridiculously sensible adult I am, I chuckled to my self and thought "what a moron, there's not going to be a bunny over there for very long if you keep yelling about it." But then I heard the voice a third time, louder than the other two times, and strangely close to my open windows.

"Taylor! I'm serious! There's a bunny over here you can shoot!"

My brain skidded to a halt. There's a what you can do WHAT to??? I rinsed off my hands and wandered over to the front door to see where exactly we planned to be shooting at rabbits.

I opened storm door and stepped onto the porch. My brain skidded again so hard it started going backwards. Captian ComeShootThisBunny was standing ON MY YARD. And I'm not talking, edge of the sidewalk, stay off the grass style. I'm talking HALFWAY INTO MY FREAKING YARD. He was pointing at a rabbit who was obliviously eating my bushes. RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE.

So re-cap. You're a little neighbor boy wandering down the street. You see a rabbit so you WANDER INTO SOMEBODY'S YARD. You do not know this person but you then determine your buddy should SHOOT at said rabbit in somebody's yard you do not know. Somebody's yard you do not know is OBVIOUSLY HOME because all the windows and doors are open and the lights are on.

"WHAT THE HELL??? ARE YOU F-CKING KIDDING ME, CHILD???" Is what I wanted to say.

"We are NOT shooting rabbits in my yard, go away please" Is what I actually said. I know, I know, mean old neighbor lady ruining all your fun. But you know WHAT buddy? I don't trust my OWN sharpshooting enough to be shooting at something in front of my house, so excuse me if I don't trust your little ten year old friend's skills. And I severely doubt you have enough money to buy me a new window when you "accidentally" shoot mine out.

Not to mention the fact that I'm currently IN my house and who knows WHAT you are planning to be shooting into my yard/at my house.... Bullets? Definately not okay. Paint balls? Not okay. BBs? Not okay. Nerf darts? Still not okay!

OMG, WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?????*

Cheers, and thank G-d I didn't lose an eyeball...
Red

*I don't know who these lovely children belong to, but I DO know these are the same lovely children that play in the middle of the street on the top of the hill you can't see over till you get your car to the very top.

No comments:

Post a Comment