Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wedding Flowers

I've been thinking about wedding flowers lately. This is not something that I generally tend to think about*. So I'm not sure how to go about figuring out what kind of flowers I want to have. I tend to have fairly severe allergies to flowers and pollen, so I need something that doesn't have a super strong smell. I'm not sure how to look that up... Although it did just occur to me that I could just go to a florist around here to look at flowers then talk to whoever I want to use for the wedding.

The other problem is that the only flowers I do really want grow in Australia and Hawaii... So I can't get them, at least not for a reasonable price.

But anyways, I don't know much about flowers and I can't just google "flowers" because that would take years.... So I am trying to figure out is what kinds of flowers would be avaliable in November since flowers that are in season are cheaper (or so I've heard). It would also narrow down the search from like a bazillion to... fewer than that. I did find a couple of sites listing "November Wedding Flowers" but they had things like tulips and daffodils on those lists, which I thought were spring flowers? So I am rather confused.

Needless to say, I didn't really get anywhere with my search today...


But... frangipanis!!

There are also white ones with yellow and deep red ones. I wish I lived somewhere warm so I could at least try to grow them...

Cheers,

Red


*and by this I mean, I never think about it ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment