Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bat-Attack 2.0

Our current Bat in House Frequency is 2 per week.

AV and I were hanging out in the living room on Friday evening. All of a sudden we heard that chirping noise we've become so familiar with... I sighed and turned to AV. "Crap... There's another...."

WHOOSH. A bat flew through the double doors to the living room, followed closely by Kelly, once again on bat patrol. We watched as it circled the room, chirping.

I got off the couch and headed out into the house to find something to catch Bat2 in. I ducked as the bat flew over my head. I closed the doors behind me so the bat wouldn't escape further out into the house.

Pause story.
I CAN HEAR BATS IN THE WALLS RIGHT NOW.
Continue story.

As I was shutting the doors, AV crouched down beside the couch and stared at me with wild eyes. "What are you doing? Don't do that!"

But I shut the doors anyway. That'll teach you to not help me at four in the morning with the last bat! Too bad I forgot we have a transom and open gap over the doors in the living room, thus negating the effect of closing the doors...

Bat 2 sped through the gap over the door and landed on the curtains in the entry room. Apparently curtains are awesome bat hangouts...

AV came out of the living room and we located and emptied a box to catch Bat 2 in.


Bat in a box! ... Again...

Cheers,
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment