Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fruit Fly, Don't Bother Me.

We are having a problem with fruit flies in the kitchen. They showed up and now they won't leave. Part of the problem is that I don't like to refrigerate my fruit so it ends up being readily available to them like little private breeding grounds. The second part of the problem might be that I don't do the dishes fast enough so they accumulate a little bit and the bugs get to them. I PROMISE I AM NOT A DISGUSTING PERSON!!!!

I know I could use fly papers but I used those in an apartment once and it just was creepy and gross, it was a sticky strip hanging from the light fixture with dead bugs in/on it. Not really the decor look I am going for. That option out, I looked up other ways to get rid of these little buggers*.

Wiki-how has an entire section devoted to "How To Ger Rid Of Fruit Flies" which would be great except for the fact that most of the "getting rid of" seems to be a "catch and release" program.

Just to be clear here, I don't have a baby penguin epidemic, nor do I have a horde of hedgehogs, I don't even have a bevy of hummingbirds in my house. I have disgusting little insects that just want to eat (and poop on) all my fresh fruit and vegetables.

I do not want to "catch and release". I don't need to tag their tiny little insect legs and free them into the wild. I don't need to safely transport them to a new safer location.

I want to exterminate them. I am looking for a "capture and destroy" method of "getting rid of", not a "hold it's hand and take it to the park" method.

If we're catching and releasing fruit flies, what's next? Humane ways to catch fleas? How to live with bed bugs?

CAPTURE AND DESTROY, PEOPLE, CAPTURE AND DESTROY.

Cheers,
Red

*buggers! Because they're BUGS! durhurhurhur...

No comments:

Post a Comment